Monday, January 24, 2011

01/24/10

Well, I have been retired one month as of last Saturday!  And we have been in Florida one month as of today!!  Nothing too exciting today.  The weather was great again.  Sunny with a breeze and the high was about 70.

I have decided to tell you a little about the life here in the RV Park.  Most of the folks have been coming here for years.  They are little traditions, for lack of a better term, that the "regulars" all follow.  For example everybody is early for everything!  I mean if a group is coming in to perform at 7:00, you had better planned on getting to the hall by 6:30!  So far this is true for every event from the 1:00 lawn boccie game to church on Sunday mornings.  I have decide this is why old people have dinner so early.  So they can eat and clean up and get to there seats by 6 or 6:30!!

Most of the residences are very open and friendly.  That is until you try to change something.  Like in our excise class.  We do mat excises to a tape one the residences made probably 5 to 8 years ago.  In fact the lady who made the tape has gone on to meet her maker!  Oh and btw when I say tape I don't mean a VCR tape, this is a cassette tape with her calling out the excises and the counts. I have a DVD excise program for seniors and I suggested that we use it sometimes.  Wrong thing to do.  Several ladies informed me, nicely I might add, that no thanks they had this tape that they always use and they like it that way.  So I go to class every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and we do the same routine everyday, which is really okay.

Little house, big backyard!

Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment