Thursday, July 28, 2011

07/28/10

Well, we are in Michigan, near Big Rapids, which is north of Grand Rapids by about an hour.  The nights are in the  60s and the days are in the low to mid 80s.  The grass is green and the rivers and lakes are clear and cool.  Why don't I live here in the summer?

Yesterday we visited two light houses on the west coast near a town called Ludington.  I didn't realize that I had a fear of heights until I stated down for the first light house.  But I made it fine, even though Larry was laughing at me!  The first light did not include a house since it was in town and can be walked to by way of a jetty.  This one is North Breakwater Light.  The second one was located in a state park and only access by a walk of about two miles.  It is the more traditional lighthouse and is called Big Sable Point Lighthouse.

North Breakwater Light

Big Sable Point Lighthouse


Larry at North Breakwater Light


Gail outside at Big Sable Point Lighthouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment